Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wishful thinking

A recent article in the Seattle Times focused on the home and lifestyle of two people that I don't know personally but have a lot of musical friends in common with. It made me think about all the ideas we had for our little Mt. Vernon house (824 sq. ft., the home in the article is 880) and how I want to have a cozy small home that nonetheless has room for parties, sessions, and guests. And how I want that home to have a beautiful, functional garden that evolves gracefully over the years, even though both William and I are (slowly) working on having income that doesn't require us to be in one place all of the time. How I want to be able to whip up charming little touches for that house and garden, although my crowning DIY garden achievement to date is a wobbly fence made out of poultry netting, broomsticks, and wire and my idea of interior decorating is lining up my rock collection on the windowsills.

So - will there someday be a magical transformation in my 'home-making' (gah!) abilities? Or should I just be content with what I have and not try to be someone different?

No comments:

Post a Comment