Saturday, December 4, 2010

Auditions and visitations

Yesterday William and I went out to 'audition' to play for an upcoming event. They want background music for a couple of hours and while generally I wouldn't be inclined to go out of my way to prove that I can play the piano, it was actually nice to get a chance to try their instrument out and get a feel for the space.

Then, we went down to Seattle to visit a friend's mother who's in rehab after falling and breaking her hip about 3 weeks ago. She's doing well and will hopefully be home before Christmas, and we had a pleasant visit discussing traveling and mutual friends. We went up to Capitol Hill for dinner and to walk around a bit...if we ever get to be the kind of people who maintain houses in two locations, I'd vote for an apartment there. It's probably nothing but car horns and sirens and people stumbling home in the wee hours of the morning, but there are bookstores and art stores and clothing stores and restaurants, and the people-watching opportunities can't be beat. I lived in that general area for a few months in 1997-98 - and, there's a whole 'nother post for the future right there: What Might Have Happened If I'd Stayed In Seattle. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment