Monday, November 22, 2010

I SWIMMED!!


Yes, that's me on the starting block; closest to the camera in the red and black suit. I was one of the slowest people there but a) my times were very good, better than anyone expected and b) hardly any other 35-39 year old women participated so I got 1st or 2nd place in my solo events. One relay went well and the other one...well, I (and the other relay members, by association) got disqualified for a minor technical mistake. Still, our team had the most points at the end of the meet. Hooray for us!

Since I know you're as fascinated by my times as I am, here they are:
50 M Breaststroke: 57.47
50 M Freestyle: 44.60
50 M Backstroke: 58.72
100 M IM: 2.06.55
200 Women's Medley Relay (I did backstroke): 3:04:40

2 comments:

  1. I'd recognize that Alexander Technique anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't even want to think about what swimming butterfly does to my neck, though...

    ReplyDelete